This assessment will capture basic information on the nature of research disruptions and possible mitigation strategies, which will be consolidated and shared with institutional leadership. This assessment is a longitudinal survey, collected in two parts (May and October). Your participation is optional. However, the information recorded will help provide evidence to facilitate crucial decisions in response to the impact of COVID-19 on the student cohort. Importantly, formal documentation of academic disruption will help justify the scale of response required to meet student needs.
- First assessment due: May 15, 2020
- Second assessment due: Oct. 15, 2020
Action items for supervisors
- Conduct an online mentoring meeting with your student(s) to discuss the impact of the pandemic on the student’s research plans and academic progress, as well as strategies to mitigate this impact.
- Plan for a follow-up mentoring meeting with students whose programs continue into the Fall term (Due: Oct 15).
Action items for students
- Conduct an online meeting with your research supervisor(s) to discuss the impact of the pandemic on your research plans and academic progress, as well as strategies to mitigate this impact.
- Complete the online assessment form (Due: May 15).