BASc, PhD (Toronto)
Research Stream: Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
Latner Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratories
University Health Network
Princess Margaret Cancer Research Tower
101 College St., 2–817
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7 Canada
+1 416 581-7530 (office)
- Scientific Associate & Research Program Manager, Latner Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratories (Waddell Research Group), University Health Network
- Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering
Acute and chronic lung disease, represent a major health care problem. Lung transplantation remains limited by both a shortage of donors and a low utilization rate of donor lungs.
Regeneration of healthy lung is an exciting long-term goal but successfully reproducing the complex architecture of the lung presents a formidable challenge.
Our research interests include development of practical approaches for treatment of lung disease; studies include:
- Cell-based therapeutic approaches for end-stage lung disease
- Lung and tracheal regeneration
- Pluripotent derived lung epithelial cells for tissue engineering applications